Thursday, December 13, 2007

Roaring water

I just got back from the grocery store and Kai couldn't wait to try his new water so I opened a pouch for him and took a sip. That tastes like juice! I had to look at the ingredients and yep it had corn syrup and Splenda! Why did they put corn syrup and Splenda in a drink that is suppose to be water?!?

Ok, so I should have read the label at the store, but I had a coupon and wanted to try a new product. Plus all you parents know how hard it is to shop with kids in tow. So back to the water. I am very mad and disappointed that it has all that extra sweetener in it. I don't know why I was expecting only water in a product that has 'water' as the product name. I don't really want to give my son sugar in his water.

He drinks only milk now, he used to drink water, but now only Olvatine and milk. Occasionally, as a treat we give him 100% juice diluted with water. I will try giving him plain water again, but really if a product has high fructose corn syrup in it there is really no need for extra sweetener like Splenda.

No comments: