Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holidays, Family and Snow!!!

I can't believe I've been so busy with holiday preparations and children that I haven't had time to update the blog. Well, Thanksgiving we had Nicholas with us and I made the classic dinner of roasted turkey, mashed potatoes with rutabaga, green bean casserole, stuffing muffins (very kid friendly, what kid wouldn't want to try a muffin with dinner?), praline yams ,cranberry-orange sauce and pumpkin pie. We are a carb friendly household!! We did the turkey sandwich thing the next day and then I made the once a year turkey gumbo....oh I could go for a bowl tonight.

After Thanksgiving, I was on a mission to ready the house for our visiting guests. My best friend of over 20 years and her family stayed with us for a week! I was so excited to see her because I haven't seen her or her family in years (they live in England). It was great to see her daughter who is now eight because it gave Jimmy and I a glimpse of what's to come with our little girl. Jimmy and James (that's Keilani's husband) got along so well, I wish we were neighbors like when we were little girls. I got to have a girly moment of shopping for make-up and nail painting. These days I only wear make-up or paint my nails for special occasions, so it was really fun to play around with it everyday like we did when we were roommates. I also enjoyed how our children took to each other and played so well together. Baby Bella wanted to be like Pixie and I think Kai had his first crush!!

They are visiting with her family for a week then will come back and spend one more day with us before flying back to England. I'm so excited! Nicholas will be here too, so we will have a very full house for a couple of days ^_^

I've been too busy for my usual homemade goodies so everyone will be getting either a suitable substitute or late treats.... sorry. If you haven't received a card from me that's because I haven't sent them. Too much snow and horrible service from the US postal service has made me consider New Years cards instead. Speaking of snow, I used to enjoy its beauty, but now I find it a nuisance and wish it was spring!!

Just a few more days to Christmas and I still have no idea what we are doing so updates might not happen until the new year.

I want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and love to you all!! XXXX

No comments: