Saturday, October 27, 2007

almost halloween


This is a picture of Kai's first Halloween two years ago. He was so cute. We had a Halloween party and those were the treats I was giving out. Kai was only six months at the time so he did not get to taste any of the candies, besides he had too much fun crinkling the wrappers.

Last year he was a duck. We took him trick-or-treating with Nic. Nic was a horse! We were going with the old MacDonald's farm theme, except the adults didn't dress up.

This year, Bella is a 'honey bee' and Kai is a skeleton with a painted pumpkin face. I am actually going to dress up too. I made myself a flower petal headband and bought a green wig. It looks absolutely ridiculous, but it's Halloween.
For two years Kai was something cute and cuddly and now he wants to be scary. I guess that's what I get for letting him choose his costume. When asked he said he wanted to be a pumpkin, but when at the store he said he wanted to be a monster. There was the idea to combine his two desires. I hope he likes it. It'll be a sight. Am I a little crazy for letting my two year old dress as a skeleton?

No comments: