Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mo mote peas

My morning was full of cries from Kai saying, "Mommy, mo mote peas.", a request I can't deny except for when we have no more mote, I mean milk. (No matter how hard we try my husband and I can not get Kai to say 'milk'. His version is 'mote'. Mo = more and peas = please. His response to when we are out of something is ,"buy mo, buy mo." ) I usually have a back up gallon, but for some reason he wasn't drinking as much milk when Nic was here. Now, Nic has gone home and Kai has gone back to wanting to drink milk like there's no tomorrow. He also goes through yogurt tubes like water. I can't complain. I know he's getting his daily dairy and protein, but is there such a thing as too much dairy? Is it bad for him? I have to ask his doctor that on his next check up.
So, after planning this weeks menu I went and bought mo milk. Kai is happy to have milk again.

This week I am making:
Monday: Hamburger with ranch fries
Tuesday: Chicken Italian sausage and peppers with polenta
Wednesday: Chicken enchiladas
Thursday: Butternut Squash lasagna
Friday: Parmesan salmon with spaghetti squash (my own creation)
Saturday: Chicken marsala with angel hair pasta.

Mmmm...chicken marsala, so simple and yummy I don't know if I can wait until Saturday, maybe I'll make it tomorrow and have the burger for lunch.

No comments: