Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's finally feeling like fall!


It's finally cooling off outside and the leaves are changing colors. It's also a time that I get a little sentimental. My husband and I started dating in the fall. The cold weather makes me think of my single days, without kids to separate us. We rarely have time to ourselves where we can sit on the sofa and snuggle. Kai doesn't allow it. He always has to be between us at all times. I miss going out with him to have warm drinks and desserts on our dates. Now, with two kids, it's very hard to go anywhere. So I've stocked up on hot cocoa, teas, and coffee for when we have a moment to enjoy each other's company.


Last night, Jimmy brought home a pumpkin cake that they are selling in one of his outlets and I absolutely loved it. It had the right balance of cake and spiced cream filling, plus it was glazed with caramel. We usually disagree on the cake to filling ratio, but this cake got no arguments from me. It was perfect. I wonder what new cake he'll bring home tonight.

No comments: