Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chocolate Pudding

I can't believe I never tried to make chocolate pudding before. It is incredibly easy! Sure I've made the kind you pour out of a box and add milk, but not the measure your own ingredients from your pantry pudding! Kai had fun stirring the pot waiting for the mixture to thicken. We haven't been to the store lately due to the rain so I'm out of butter and can't bake without it, so we made pudding! Delicious yummy chocolate pudding made with Amedei 70% and nut brown chocolate....(those are the new Italian chocolates we just got.) I can't stop eating the chocolate! The pudding came out dark and rich. It was suppose to be the filling for our cupcakes, but it was just too good.

Jimmy is finally off tomorrow. Hopefully it's not snowing too bad that he and Kai can't get their hair cut. Both my guys are starting to get shaggy, especially Kai! Twelve more days until Kai's birthday and everyday he asks Jimmy where his train cake is! What a clever little guy, we can't even say T.T (short for Thomas the train) because he knows! Last night he said he wanted five train cakes and started to name all the different trains....good thing his daddy is a pastry chef!

I can't wait for the train phase to pass, I can only read Thomas books twice a day. They are just soo boring to me! I tried to get him interested in dinosaurs by buying him a few dinosaur figures and coloring book, but he just scribbled through the book and occasionally plays with the figures. Not like his daily fix of Thomas the Train shows, games, toys, and stories! I wonder what little Cassia will like.

We are set for his party at Build-A-Bear next Sunday. He and a couple of his little friends are going to build their own bears! We are celebrating it a few days earlier because we have a trip coming up at the end of the month and everyone will be too busy. Plus their is a major food show in town, too bad I won't get to go! That's two years in a row that I'll miss it. Oh, well there's always next year, and maybe the kids will be in daycare so I can go. (they don't allow children at trade shows).

Tomorrow is my nephew's birthday; so Happy birthday to you Lawrence!! He is turning five! My how the time flies.

No comments: