Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rain

Rain, rain go away, come again some other day. Little Bella and Kai want to play. Rain, rain go away.

All my excitement for spring is dampened by all this rain and possible snow!!! Snow in April?? For the following four days our forecast is rain! Everyday Kai wants to go to the playground, he hasn't grasp the concept of rain equals no park, yet. So I've got to think up of some rainy day activities for us to do.

Today, we tested out a new vanilla cupcake recipe and it's a keeper. I've got to remember to add it to my recipe book. It is what a cupcake should be; light, fluffy and most of all delicious! I love Jimmy's recipe for devils food cake so I haven't been searching for a replacement, but I have to work on a brownie recipe, I guess that's tomorrow's project. Except, I ran out of my favorite Valrhona cocoa powder so I have to make do with the cocoa powder that I have on hand. It's a nice one, but it doesn't have that deep dark rich chocolate flavor that I love! Maybe I'll try a recipe that calls for melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder.

Or maybe chocolate chip cookies! We just got in some yummy chocolates from Italy and I could put them in cookies...hmmm. The only problem with all this baking is, I have to eat most of it (Kai eats the other half). I'll have to get exercise some how in the rain! I think I'll take them to the weekly Mommy Cafe get together. (I haven't been to one yet, but as soon as it stops raining I think I'll give it a go and meet some moms.) So until then, I get to munch on all the treats.

No comments: