Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Gloss

Just read my sister in law's blog and was inspired to write a quick thing about this week's new item in my make-up tray. I was craving lip gloss (to wear of course not to eat...I'm not preggie), and went to put some on, but realized that during one of my 'must throw everything out' phase I had also gone and threw out some of my make up too...so no gloss. I walked over to CVS and picked up a Cover Girl Wet Slicks Crystal gloss to satisfy my craving, but I didn't like it. The color was fine, but all the glittery specks is what I didn't like. I'm 30 not 15, but I guess that's what the 'crystal' on the label is! I'm not knocking the product, it's just not for me...I'm not into the glittery lips.

So yesterday, I picked up two more at Target; Burt's Bees Super Shiny Natural lip gloss and Boots Botanics lip gloss. I loved them both!!! I'm already a big fan of Burt's Bees and knew they wouldn't disappoint and I was right. Boots is a brand I read about in some magazine a while back (probably some parenting mag, since that's all I seem to read these days) I finally saw it at Target and bought one to try....and hey...it's pretty good! They both have a citrus scent and flavor to them and they do wonders for keeping your lips moist not to mention the perfect little hint of color that I was looking for. Love them, love them, and great price at $6-$7 each.

For the hair products; I've been using Aveda's new line of products called Smooth Infusion and let me tell you I can not live with out it now! I use the shampoo, conditioner, and style prep and let me tell you I will not use anything else on my hair! One day I used my old hair care products and noticed a big difference! My hair was not silky and soft like it is with the Aveda products! So now I use the old stuff to clean the tub! Seriously, what else am I suppose to do with it? I also use Aveda's sensitive facial moisturizer because it was they only thing that didn't leave my skin all flaky during winter. It's light and wonderful!

Eyes and Face
I am using Philosophy's The Supernatural airbrushed canvas spf 15 powder foundation. It goes on so easily and I don't miss messing with the liquid foundation at all. It is light and has spf to boot! For my eyes, I use Origins eyeliner and Aveda's Mosscara in black. Love'em!

As you can see, I try to stick with the naturally made, organic and earth friendly cosmetics. Have you read or even know what goes into makeup these days? I feel guilty enough using Burt's Bees because the recent news about the honey bee population decrease and possible extinction! But I love their stuff so I will still use them for now.

1 comment:

Sarah Larsen said...

Burt's Bees has a great replenishing lip balm with pomigranite oils that is amazing!!!