Sunday, September 16, 2007

Coffee doesn't work anymore.

I am exhausted today. Little Bella wanted to party all night and did not fall asleep until 6:30 a.m. The same time my husband's alarm sounded to wake him up for work. Which did not work because I still had to poke him and say, "Honey, it's 6:30." to which he just rolls over. Oh well, I think and put Bella in her crib then proceeded to pass out. Now I am on my second cup of java (don't tell the docs-I'm only allowed 1 cup a day) which is giving me a headache and making me sleepy. My two year old son, Kai, is making me play dough cookies and demanding that I eat them! "No, Kai do not put them in your mouth, just pretend to eat it." Oh how sad, my mug is now empty. what else can I drink?
Back to the baby Bella problem. Why is she so awake between the hours of 2a.m.-5 a.m.? When will she realize that it's the time when the rest of the family is suppose to be sleeping? Well, big brother can sleep with the occassional annoyed grunt and daddy saws logs with the occassional opening of the eyes to look at sleep deprived me and hungry Bella. That's another thing, she just can't get enough milk between those hours. Seriously, she wants to nurse every hour! Yep, I feel like a milk cow in those hours. During the day she wakes up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to eat and get changed. I know it takes time for her to adjust to being outside the womb, but it has been almost five weeks. When will she adjust?!? And what's with all spitting up? Baby reflux? Over eating? And oh my goodness the poor thing is so gassy. I just remembered that the first month was the hardest, but I don't remember when it gets a little better.
Time to plan this weeks menu, off to get ideas from Martha, Rachael, and the folks at Food Network.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey do you need one of those Chinese looking cloth-like baby carriers? I remember with my little cousins, Grandma used to strap them to my back with that. That way you can cook and move around with Kai and not have to worry about Bella. Let me know if you need one.