Saturday, September 22, 2007

Shopping day

I received more surprises in the mail today from my sister and sister-in-law. My sister sent me a book about fruit and vegetable carving which looks really cool, but it's written in Thai-which I can not read. The only thing I know how to write in Thai is my first name and that's it. I can't read or write anything else. My sister-in-law sent Bella the cutest little Ugg boots, the Ugg for big people are so ugly to me, but the baby size is way too adorable for me to dislike.
I took the kids to Pottery Barn Kids to look at a few things because I got an e-mail about a sale, but the store was still charging full price for some of the items and the things they had on sale are more than what is on the internet. I found it unusual because the store's sale pricing is usually lower than the internet. Guess not for that store. I was on a mission to get Bella a thicker hooded towel. We received a Swanky Blanky brand towel from a friend in Houston when Kai was born, but no one carries it here in Chi-town. Which is too bad because it really is a wonderful hooded towel, probably nicer than the towels I use and it is a full size towel. The only con of the towel is the price, but it is worth it.
I then stopped in at our neighborhood Whole foods to pick up a few items for dinner. They were charging $2.49 for a carton of organic grape tomatoes-normal price for organic you might say, but at our neighborhood produce only store, the same product, is $.49 a carton. Makes you think doesn't it. Why can't the bigger store (Whole Foods) who has more buying power charge the same price as the mom and pop stand? Don't get me wrong, I love Whole Foods, I just don't buy produce there any more. They are also selling pink totes to support breast cancer, yes i bought one because $1 from the purchase goes to research and it's pink! I have a collection of reuseable bags that I take to the grocery store with me, not only do I get ten cents back per bag, it has cut down on the unneeded plastic and paper bags in the house. Plus I can use them for more than carring groceries. I love the insulated tote from Trader Joe's- it keeps foods cold for 8 hours and makes a great pick-nic bag. (yes, family we will be sending you the wonderful totes filled with goddies for christmas this year.) I really don't know why I didn't think of it before, much better than baskets that can only be used during the holidays, if you keep them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know what we're getting for christmas!! :o)

Love Tiff