Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A great day


It's a great day today, there are new shows tonight and I recieved so many things in the mail and in person. I got some housework done, washed the kids and even managed to squeeze in a shower myself. It's gross I know, but when you have a newborn and a toddler showers for mommy is something that if you're lucky happens everyday. If you're me occurs every other day. You see I can not leave baby alone with Kai, not even in her crib. He likes to hold her and will try to pick her up, which he can do and has done. The other day, he picked her off the floor and tried to put her on the sofa. So the only time I can shower is after dinner when Jimmy is home or really early in the morning like at 5. I choose sleep and after dinner is sometimes 11 pm or midnight in our house.

Our new blue Kitchen aid mixer arrived today. I am so excited and can't wait to use it. Holiday baking is going to be so much easier this season. So family and friends send in your requests now. I have a few staples, but still thinking about the new cookies that I will make.

I also got a bag of pastries from Jimmy last night. Kai and I snacked on it all day. He also brought home a new dark chocolate that we surprizingly like. I think it is 65%. If we have any left it will be made into chocolate chip cookies (if kai and I don't eat them all maybe we'll send you some Viv).

Last night's dinner of Greek inspired chicken and orzo was not a home run so therefore I'm not sharing that recipe until it has been fine tuned. Tonight I am making falafel wraps with hummus and baba ghannouj. An old favorite. The hummus is nothing special it consists of the basic ingredients of chick peas, lemons, garlic, tahini, olive oil, and salt and pepper. My baba ghannouj on the other hand is milder than most that is served at restaurants because I use roasted garlic instead of raw. In my opinion, it's easier to eat because it's not sharp and you won't have strong garlic breath afterwards. Tomorrow I will be making my favorite fall dish of pumpkin polenta with chorizo and black bean (this is a Rachael Ray dish and can be found on her website). It is awesome and I'm glad she came up with the dish. The rest of the week consists of more fall squash. I didn't even notice that until Jimmy pointed it out. I was like, 'what are you talking about', then I looked at this week's menu and notice I have planned pumpkin, butternut, and spaghetti squash for this week. I picked up a package of tofu at the store the other day and still haven't decided what to do with it yet because it was a spontaneous buy.

An explanation about the picture- Kai loves hats and wanted to share his passion with baby sister so he borrowed chef Snoopy's hat and that's how this picture came to be. See, it wasn't me. When you see a picture of her in a huge coffee cup- that would be my idea. Yes, I do have a coffee cup that big and I have a picture of Kai in it when he was her age.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo cute! I want some of that goodie. What are u going to make this year? Viv.