Thursday, January 31, 2008

everything is white!

Today's forecast snow, snow and more snow! Tomorrow: the same thing, and the next day and the day after! I love the white fluffy stuff, but not when it prevents me from getting out of the house to do simple chores like grocery shopping. Good thing I have lots of cans in the pantry. The expected accumulation is 8 inches....not so much for you northerners, but me? I am losing my mind! What do people do when they can't get out? Now I understand why my husband didn't want to live where there's snow and I'm beginning to miss Texas. I now laugh when family tell me that it's cold at 50 degrees....I would more than welcome warm 50 degrees! They have no idea how crazy cold it is up here.

I would brave the weather with the toddler, but it is just too cold to take the itty bitty baby out. Plus she hates to be bundled up. Last night Jimmy took us to the book store, so at least we have new books and magazines to entertain us. Yes, my husband has to drive us...I'm not used to driving in the snow and prefer not too. I prefer nice clear sunny days for driving, no rain or snow driving for me.

Today I went bonkers and cleaned everything. I started throwing things away without a second thought. I should do it more often that way we wouldn't have so much "what is this" laying around the house. I also pitched a few of the kids toys that were in my way, I hope Kai won't be asking for them back because they are gone! Now I understand how my mother felt when she kept telling me that if I didn't clean my room she would go in with a trash bag and clean it for me! I can't believe that I'm using the same line with my kids! Hey, it works! No kid wants their things tossed in the bin. I used to just shove everything under my bed or closet, good thing Kai hasn't figured that out yet.

1 comment:

Sarah Larsen said...

ha ha I was big on building a pile in my closet....man did it get big!!!