Sunday, January 27, 2008

Grandma's house and T.T.

Winter vacation is over and now we are trying to get back into our daily routine. Nic and Tiff are gone and we miss them. Visit to the grandparents was a blast! The boys got along wonderfully! Very little screaming on the trip, only when they were tired, but not the usual sibling annoyances. They had a great time playing together and talking and taking turns with the Leapster. I was so proud.

Grandma always knows how to surprise the kids. She has a talent for picking out the perfect gifts for each kid! The children really love their daily surprises and every time they play with them they say that they got it from 'grandma grampa house'. Even baby Bella won't let go of her toy! She loves, loves her rattle that she got. It's perfect for her to hold and chew on. Thanks Mom!

Every time we visit Michigan, we go to Joe's produce for snacks for the drive. They have the biggest and sweetest grapes! We also bought a bag of their butter pretzels....mmmmm....buttery. They have a nice little specialty store filled with lots yummy goodies. I forgot to get more maple syrup :-(

Nic is growing so fast! We haven't seen him in a few months and at a glance he looks older than he really is. He is so tall and articulate. He would make a fine lawyer someday because of his charm and persuasion. He can have you wrapped around his finger with just a smile. I just wish that he was closer to us. Both Kai and Cassia have so much fun playing with him and he is so good with the baby.

My niece Tiffany is such a sweet young lady, I'm glad that she has finally found a route she wanted to follow. She loves animals and it has always been a dream of hers to work with them. In March she will start going to school to become a vet tech. I had so much fun with her. We went to the Chocolate Bar at the Peninsula Hotel....that was so yummy, but I don't know how anyone could eat more than two plates of dessert it's so rich! We barely made a chip on shopping on Michigan Avenue...with three hours I think we only stayed on one block...so many shops so little time! While Jimmy stayed home with the kids Tiff and I got to do more girly things like getting haircuts and brow shaping (not that painful). I can't wait for her to visit in the summer!

Thanks for watching the babies honey...I feel so pretty now.

It's back to work and menu planning. I was terrible at planning it for the week, so I'm going to try planning it for a month. It doesn't make sense, I know, but you'll never know if you don't try...right?

No comments: