Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!

I am so behind on the blogging. Jimmy's current project is to update our computer system, so we are working with the basics here. I will post more photos when the new system gets going.

I am so bad, I had cheese on my sandwich last night...weak, so weak. I thought I could do it as a new years resolution, but it's so hard because we always have a variety of cheese in the fridge. I must be crazy because that means no ice cream or any other dairy products!!! But for you baby Bella I will try (I think dairy in my diet makes the little one gassy and smelly!).

Everyone in the family is so excited. Nicholas will be staying with us for a week starting Thursday. Kai talks about it everyday and he's also excited that we will be visiting Grandma and Grandpa again! Yay, I hope Nic has fun with Kai on this trip. He always complained that Kai was too little to play with and that he couldn't understand him, but Kai is so playful now and he can even talk!

Parlez vous francaise? Mais oui! Yep, I'm trying to teach the kids French and doing a little bit of reviewing for myself. I have taught Kai how to count to ten and say a few key phrases like, bonjour, merci, fromage, and chocolate, but he says, "No mommy, me no say 'bonjour'". Little does he know that he is saying it...too cute! We bought a kid friendly French book, but Cassia is more interested in it then Kai. I guess it's not as interactive as he would like.

My niece Tiffy will also be visiting us for a week towards the end of Nic's visit, it will be a full house. So much fun, I can't wait. She just turned 20! I can't believe that I have a niece who's 20! I know that freaks Jimmy out as much as me. For him he imagines nieces and nephews to be ten or younger, for me it means I'm getting older! I remember changing her diapers and now she will be changing my kids' diapers!

Tiff and I are ten years apart so I will be turning 30 this year! I never imagined being 30 or being in my 30's...so weird. Where did my twenties go? But you know what? I am glad they are over, early twenties were tough and struggling. I am so glad that is all over and I have a happy and wonderful family. Thanks for sweeping me off my feet Jimmy.

This year is going to be a busy year for us, so I have no idea what we are going to do for my big day in July.

No comments: