Monday, July 28, 2008

My Birthday

I bet you are all wanting to hear all about it! Well, Jimmy surprised me with a red velvet cake and my favorite chocolate covered caramel marshmallows from Vosges Haute Chocolate. It was delicious!!! The red velvet reminded me of the ones you would get down south, moist cake with creamy not too sweet cream cheese and nut filling...mmmm..yum!

The surprises continued with a babysitter for the kids and dinner at Charlie Trotter's restaurant! Holy cow! I've been wanting to go to that restaurant for over ten years and I finally got to go! Thanks for taking me Jimmy. We had a fabulous eight course meal with extra desserts. I had the non-alcoholic beverage pairings with my meal and it was phenomenal! How clever of them to match vegetable and fruit juices perfectly with every dish! (Now I want a juicer!) The restaurant was comfortable, not too flashy, I felt like I was in someone's home having a lovely dinner with my husband. It did feel a bit awkward at first because we didn't have the children with us, but once the meal started it felt like we were dating again.

The portions appear small, but were perfect in my opinion, because after all the courses (it took three hours for dinner) I was stuffed and amazingly energized! I couldn't go to sleep after we got home, I'm guessing it was the juices and infusions! (I really have to get a juicer!) After the meal, we were given a tour of the restaurant and given a little box of pastries for our 'take-away'. Overall, the food was star and fabulous! The service was a little off and that is all I'm going to say about it right now. I'm still debating weather I should write a letter to Mr. Trotter about my experience since I have been wanting to dine at his restaurant for over a decade! You're suppose to want to go back to a fantastic restaurant like that right? Well, let's just say I would for the phenomenal food but not for the service.

Well, other than the goodies and dinner, Jimmy surprised me with my own photo printer! It's like I have a mini version of those photo printers you see at the photo developers! Yay! No more trips to CVS for me. I had so much fun editing and adding extras to the pictures, I'm all out of ink from printing so much I have to run to Best Buy for more this week.

My best girlfriend sent me a dvd about lattes...he..he.he. She knows me well and I love coffee! She is such a good listener (that's why she's my best girl). I mentioned that I've been wanting the instructional d.v.d. about latte art for some time now and she listened. Just like she did many many many Christmas's ago (before Jimmy) when on my wish list I had asked for practical things like flashlights and tool kits, she was the only one who took it seriously. Really, lotions and potions are great, but I'm a crafter so I love tools of all kinds. Thank you Keilani and I love you girl!

My sister sent me a set of demi spoons and cocktail forks...soo cute, and a sweet book about sisters ^_^ She went through the book and added little comments to personalize it for me. Thanks Viv, I'll keep it forever, and thanks to Gabbie and Lawrence for the cute handmade cards.

My mom made me my favorite goodies and I received a sweet card from my mom and dad in-law. Thank you to all my wonderful parents.

Also, thanks to all of my wonderful friends who wished me a happy birthday. I absolutely had a wonderful one.

I wish you all a wonderful day. Love to all. Hugs and kisses.

No comments: