Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A new friend

Finally, after complaining endlessly to my husband about not having any friends here, I forced myself to make a mommy friend who also has a three year old boy. Yesterday we had our first 'play date' thing. We took the kids to the zoo and I had a great time! It was different having a new adult friend that is not a coworker. You really have to work hard at trying to keep the conversation going! You don't know anything about this person except that they too have a child. So the work begins of asking the basic questions....oh so tiresome, but necessary. It's not like when you're a kid all you had to do was play, now you actually have to plan things in advance and communicate. The friendship is still so new that you just can't spring outings up with a phone call or just 'pop in' for a chat.

It was the first time for me going to the nearby zoo and I would definitely go again, besides it is free except for the parking, but that's not too bad at $14 for three hours. Kai loved the mini train ride, indoor climbing maze and ice cream. He's not too into the animals yet, just kept saying 'like in my book' every time we see an animal. Cassia had a fun time too, except for when it got too hot and close to nap time.

Tomorrow I might join my new friend and her son at a new children's museum. Today I started on our business plan with the help of Jimmy (dragging me out of bed at sunrise and making me coffee ^_^). I was so motivated a few months back about starting a business and getting things up and running before turning 30, well, that is about a week away and I haven't even finished a business plan. So 42 steps in nine days, lets hope I can accomplish that task. I would feel a sense of some sort of accomplishment.

Write the plan, write the recipes, test the recipes, test the products on people, find a location, find the financing, convince the husband to quit his job to help start business, work endlessly to get shop open, open shop and live happily ever after, or something like that; but first I must write the plan!

So why am I stalling? I'm not fully awake yet. I have writer's block. Kai just woke up....ummm, I haven't updated my blog in a while....hmmm. Out of excuses, ok so back to work I go.

Did I tell you about wanting to start a new blog about my opinions on new products, but someone is already doing that and using the name I wanted to use, but I guess that's what happens when I don't jump on an idea when it occurs......so back to my business plan I go---really.

No comments: