Friday, January 30, 2009

a broken dryer, fixed toilet and boggie-fied baby

Our coin operated dryer is again broken, or maybe never even fixed in the first place. Sure the landlord looked at it, but not really in my opinion. He deposited quarters, the dryer spins and feels hot...so it works he says. Yeah, but he's not the one spending six dollars in quarters trying desperately to dry baby clothes!!

His solution, leaving a handful of quarters for the tenants....hmmm...refund?? How's about fixing the problem!!! No amount of refund quarters are going to dry the clothes that I have to hang all over my apartment to dry!! The best part about living in a city apartment that doesn't have a washer/dryer in the unit is the funny stories you get to tell. Like how if the upstairs tenants and downstairs tenants decide to do laundry at the same time it overloads the circuits! Lights, washers, and dryers all go off!!

Well, he's not all that bad. He did come over the following day after we called him about our broken toilet and leak. Yes, I forgot to share that after returning home from our warm sunny vacation, we came back to a frozen apartment. My poor plants all froze, the water in the toilet bowl and tank was one huge ice cube! So when I tried to flush (not knowing that everything was ice) I had probably broke the handle. As far as the leaking pipes...I had nothing to do with that! So, my sister says,

"Why didn't you leave the heat on?"

Umm...hello, no one was home for three weeks and I didn't want to waste the money on keeping an empty house warm. Any way, the toilet and leak was fixed yesterday. While he was here, I pointed out that our bathroom sink was also leaking...to which he replied,

"So that's what the squeegee is for."

Yep. So he will be back sometime today to fix that up. I'll wait until warmer weather to point out that our living room window has a few cracks, I think he noticed...but again didn't think it was a big deal.

Now on to the little baby girl who constantly has snot running down her nose. Cassia has caught whatever virus that is going around and hates to have her little red nose wiped, so she always runs from me. Jimmy also has this virus, but is on antibiotics because he has a really terrible cough accompanying his drainage. Kai seems to be the only one who is recovered, for I also have the drippy nose. Other than the virus, all is well here.

No comments: