Monday, January 5, 2009

Road trip day 1

We are on our way to visit Grandma in Texas and have stopped in Springfield Missouri for the night (half way point). The children did very well during the drive. They slept most of the drive because we left early this morning.

When they were up we sang songs and played games. What a wonderful trip so far. We just had dinner here in Springfield at Ruby Tuesday's and we were not satisfied at all with either the service or food!! We were there pretty early in the evening when it was not even busy, but the server was slow like molasses!! The food was extremely salty, my tongue is still tingling! Kai didn't even eat his dinner because he said it was "gross"! Kai is so spoiled and used to staying in nice hotels that he said, "pick up the phone and call for food!" Um....I wish we could kiddo, but it's not that kind of hotel.

It's the kind of hotel that people only stay at for short trips. Krystal Air, is clean and doesn't smell like smoke and it has wifi. It is right off the highway, walking distance to a few restaurants and has a gas station close by.

We are settling the kids in for the night so that we can rest and get another early start tomorrow. Hopefully we will be able to get some decent coffee too! Missouri needs more Starbucks!!

Which reminds me...since there are no Starbucks I asked Jimmy to stop at McDonald's to try one of their lattes, and I have to say that I will not be buying coffee beverages at McCafe! The guy that took my order asked if I wanted just the plain latte to which I replied "yes", so I was confused when I tasted my drink and it was flavored!!! I asked the guy and he said,"Yeah I sweetened it!"
I asked him to remake my coffee and not sweeten it! Jimmy and I could only drink a quarter of it and had to throw it out! The coffee not only tasted burned, it was so hot I burned my tongue!!! Hello McDonald's, the only reason Starbucks gets so many customers even though they charge an arm-and-leg for a coffee is because it tastes good and have better service!! The counter guy at McDonald's was putting down Starbucks, then even had the nerve to say that the coffee he was about to serve me wasn't any good...even though he thinks that he makes better coffee than Starbucks! Um...dude you should be fired!
I also asked about their sample program for Mondays, since they had a huge advertisement in front of their coffee machine and he said that he didn't know and that the company didn't know what they were doing and that they didn't even have sample cups to sample anything!! Hmm...what happened to training???

All this talk of coffee is getting me worked up...I'm off to bed!

No comments: