Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Bouncy, bouncy chair


So many parents go on and on about how the bouncy chair is a life saver. Not for us. Kai did not like it and Cassia does not like it! Both of our kids cried when put in the bouncy chairs, but they love the swing!! Thanks Tiff. My niece had purchased the swing for us when Kai was born and we kept it because it was my life saver. Cassia loves sitting in it, now that she can see better she can actually enjoy the lights and moving fishes. The only downer is the size. It takes up a good part of our tiny living room. I wish that it was a little smaller so that I can put it in the kitchen while I cook.
Which made me shop around for something that would do just that. We purchased a walker for her and it came today, but because I was in the kitchen I didn't hear the UPS guy knock on the window. For a while our doorbell was not working so all the delivery people knew to knock on the window to get my attention...I guess I should put a sign up for them to ring the bell. Anyway, I'm rambling. We bought her a Combi walker that is a mint convertible. I know Kai will think it's his. He already got to play with it at the baby expo we went to a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully Cassia will love it just as much as Kai. The website we got it from is so cool, they don't charge for tax or shipping on orders over $50. If you're interested in baby gear check it out at www.chitchatbaby.com.

Kai is already playing with one of his Christmas gifts. We couldn't wait to give it to him. It allows us to be on the computer undisturbed. What is it you wonder? We got him a Leapster with three games. It's a handheld educational video game system. The recommended age is 4 and up, but I knew Kai could figure out how to play some of the games and he has. He uses the drawing and coloring game alot as well as his Finding Nemo game. It teaches him colors and numbers. He still plays with his Little Touches Leap Pad which is also being enjoyed by Cassia. Go Leap Frog. I really like their products because it is a ton of fun for the kids and it teaches them all sorts of things from animal sounds to reading.

We have our tree up with lights. The ornaments still need to go on display. I love the MacMillan family tradition of picking out new ornaments for the tree every year. The kids have theirs, but Jimmy and I still have to find ours.
Our ornaments also do not go on the tree anymore because the kids like to take them off and play with them. Kai has already pulled off the pom-poms to his and Nick's ornaments from last year. So last year I hung up string high on the living room wall and displayed Jimmy's ornaments. They are priceless because he made some of them when he was a kid and I want our kids to have a collection like his and continue this tradition.
Another one that I want to continue is collecting nutcrackers for each year. We have one and hopefully it will survive the season because it is played with by Kai everyday.

No comments: