Saturday, November 10, 2007

Holidays are here again.




Oh me, oh my, how quickly time has passed us by.

All this time I've been thinking about Christmas preparations, Thanksgiving has crept up on me. It's less than two weeks away. I know I'll make turkey, stuffing and sweet potatoes. Oh, of course Jimmy's must have blend of mashed potatoes with rutabaga. Now, to decide on the something green and dessert.

Oh, it should be so easy with Jimmy being the pastry chef, but it's not. I love it all. Pumpkin pie, apple pie, pecan pie, sweet potato pie, and again all those flavors in cheesecake form..mmmmm. I want a little of everything!! It's not such a hard decision when you are celebrating with all the extended family, but since our family members are scattered throughout the US it's hard to get together. So I have to shrink everything down for four.

Oh brilliant, just solved my own problem. I'll make mini-pies, that way I can have it all. I could freeze the ones we don't get to. You are probably thinking that I'm crazy, but it is the season of eating so that's my excuse.
If you ask Jimmy, he would say who am I trying to kid, I eat like that all the time. Yes, I love sweets, that's why Jimmy is my perfect match--he doesn't mind.

Then I have to make the Thanksgiving cards with the kids for the family. Every year, I outline Kai's hands to make hand turkeys. Last year was Kai's and Nico's hands, this year will be Kai's and Bella's.

After Thanksgiving is over, I have to start testing cookie recipes and decide on what all is going in our gift baskets. Stress, stress, stress!

Now, I'll turn on the radio and listen to the Christmas songs to help motivate me.

Until the next post, live, laugh, love and eat well.

No comments: