Thursday, September 4, 2008

Going crazy!

It has been raining all day and still raining! I am just going crazy. My cell phone (which has been dropped, chewed and drooled on a thousand times) is now giving me a hard time! Some of the buttons do not work and the curser only moves down and occasionally sideways!!! I love the phone, but it's now dated because it's over a year old, so I've been looking at Blackberry and Sidekicks, but still can't decide. I also have to wait for my phone contract to be up before I get a new phone or else I'll have to pay full price of $300 and upwards!!! I really try to be practical and have a phone just for phone sake, but I've gotten addicted to the extras like the camera, music player and web access.

I spent the day away from house work and spent the day just playing with the kids. Kai is going through some growing pains and testing his boundaries. We are still working on the potty training, he makes poopy in the toilet, but doesn't make it for peeing. So I came up with another motivation system (not really a bribe), every time he pees in the toilet he gets a ticket that he can redeem for something that he wants like watching t.v. or an ice cream. One ticket gets him one show, which also limits the amount of television that he watches, because ice cream costs ten tickets, trip to the zoo or museum 25 and toy store is 50. It might seem like alot, but kids go to the toilet like ten times a day.

In one day he has already learned about saving and spending. He wanted an ice cream and a show last night, but he didn't have enough tickets for both so he decided to save up his tickets and got to have an ice cream today. It was cute, when he first handed me his tickets and got his treat he asked me to give his tickets back. I had to give him an example of when mommy goes to the store and buys groceries, I get food for the money and the store doesn't give me back money. He then understood. I think this is a great system! Every time he gets a ticket, he takes out all his other tickets to count them. I can't believe that I'm already teaching him how to add and subtract. That makes me less guilty about not having him in preschool like the rest of his friends. Jimmy was great in supporting me and telling me that he is right where he needs to be and advanced in some areas too. How many three year olds can actually cook?

He's my little helper. He helps me chop vegetables, measure and pour ingredients, mix batter and even fry eggs! He's also a great grocery helper, he always remembers what I forget.

Little Cassia is now a toddler! Yep, I'm sad my baby is growing up. The year just flew by so fast! She loves to show off her steps and act like it's nothing that she is walking! I'm slowing down on the picture taking, but have to get back into it so that I can capture as many baby moments as possible.

We are in a frenzy trying to prepare for our trip to New Jersey for the National Bread and Pastry competition. I am so excited and nervous for Jimmy and Sandra. I really hope that they take the gold. I'll try to take lots of picture and post at the end of the month.

No comments: