Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good to be home

We are back from Atlantic City where Jimmy and Sandra placed third in the National Bread and Pastry Competition! I am so proud of them after all the sleepless nights and food less days of training.




I am so glad to be home! Traveling and staying in a hotel with two babies is not easy! Our schedule gets turned upside down and you have to be really resourceful about food storage and heating. Atlantic City is about one eighth the size of Las Vegas. I didn't feel safe to roam around with the kids by myself, so we didn't.

We spent most of our time at the Baking Expo watching Jimmy work on his competition. The kids and I sat in the front row with Sandra's family cheering them on. Kai took a liking to Sandra's family after the first hour we were there. He was stuck to them like glue! I had packed his backpack full of books, puzzles, games, crayons, and snacks to keep him busy for six hours each day!!

I walked around the expo a little bit, didn't get to do much research with baby in hand at all times, but I did get to taste lots of yummy sweets and ice cream! The one thing that I remember most and would like to eat again is something called cinn-fulls; it's a cinnamon filled doughnut that is glazed! It tasted like a fried cinnamon roll!!

The last day there we spent a couple hours walking the boardwalk, taking pictures and stopping in a couple candy shops!! All I wanted was the salt water taffy from James' Candy, and when I got them it made the whole trip worth while!! We are not the gambling folk, but candy and confections are what we are all about! I did a little research before going and James' Candy was the place to go and now I also recommend that place! They have the best salt water taffy and fudge I have ever tasted!! Seriously! We stopped at another candy shop on the boardwalk, but the taffy and fudge are the kind you can get anywhere. James' candies are incredibly smooth, rich, soft and oh so yummy!

My mind is racing and feeling unorganized, trying to catch up and clean up. I can't talk more of the trip right now because I'm jittery from coffee so enjoy the following pics ^_^








Kai loves M&Ms!


Jimmy holding Kai next to the candy tree in It'Sugar candy shop.

No comments: